The Resident Coordinator Office
The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (UNRCO) supports the Deputy Representative of the Secretary-General, UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in her efforts to improve the impact, efficiency and effectiveness of the UN’s joint operational activities for development in South Sudan, and to strategically position the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) in support of national priorities, development strategies, and plans.
The UNRCO in South Sudan provides inter-agency coordination support to the UN Country Team (UNCT) and its various sub-teams (Program Management Team - PMT, Operations Management Team – OMT, UN Communications Group – UNCG and the PSEA task force).
The support includes strategic planning, program and operations management, policy guidance, data management and results reporting as well as knowledge management, advocacy and communications, all seeking to enhance UN coherence and improve overall program impact to better achieve development results.
The UN Resident Coordinator in South Sudan:
Ms. Anita Kiki Gbeho is the UN Resident Coordinator in South Sudan. Ms. Gbeho brings over 25 years of experience in strategic planning, coordination and management in political, development and humanitarian affairs at United Nations Headquarters and in diverse conflict and post-conflict settings, including Angola, Cambodia, Iraq, Namibia, Somalia and Sudan. She has served as the Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General-Political in the United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia since 2021, where she assists the Special Representative of the Secretary-General in supporting Somalia to achieve its peace and state-building goals.
Prior to that, from 2018 to 2020, Ms. Gbeho served as Deputy Joint Special Representative of the United Nations-African Union Hybrid Operation in Darfur where she led the development and implementation of the Mission’s transition strategy. Between 2015 and 2018, she was Resident Coordinator and Resident Representative with the United Nations Development Program in Namibia. She has also served as Chief of Section in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in New York and as Head of Office for OCHA in Somalia and Southern Sudan.
Ms. Gbeho holds a master’s degree in international relations from the University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana.
Meet the Team in the UN Resident Coordinator's Office in South Sudan
- George Otoo, Strategic Advisor and Head of UN Resident Coordinator’s Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alumai Godfrey, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer: email@example.com
- Abraham Gureech Mabior, Associate Coordination Officer/ Economist: Gureechmabior.Deng@un.org
- Florence Auma Apuri, PSEA Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brenda Engola, Peacebuilding Fund Coordination Specialist: email@example.com
- Judith Adania, Coordination Associate: Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poni Allen Ladu, Communications Officer: email@example.com
- Partnership Officer: vacant
- William Deng Jnr, Liaison Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lokilling Mukaire, finance and administration Associate PBF: email@example.com
- Ravikash Prasad, Monitoring and Communication Specialist, PBF: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viktoria Marie Von Knobloch, Associate Program Management and Analysis Office, PBF email@example.com